His crib wasn't a convertible bed .... we did that on purpose, since we already had a bed in a guest room that we knew we would make his when the time came (all of our rooms had furniture pre-baby so we thought no need to buy MORE furniture).
I purchased his bedding months ago from Pottery Barn so that if they discontinued it I would already have it. So this morning we took down his crib, of course Holden wanted to help, but surprisingly he cried! I think he just didn't understand what was going on, and we reassured him that his new bed would be sooo cool. To pump him up a little about it, we took a trip to Target so he could pick out some fun sheets to go on his new bed....he picked "dig/push"....that means ones with dump trucks, bulldozers and excavators all over it :) Fine with me....they go with the colors in the bedding !!
I made sure to get him nice and tired before today's nap. When it was time, I laid with him, read a couple of books and headed out. He cried for a second but that was mainly from the mommy attachment thing we have going on right now. I watched him on the monitor, he stopped crying, didn't move, and within minutes fell asleep! Wooohooooo!! Now with all that bragging my fingers are tightly crossed for tonight and upcoming days along with teaching him to stay in his bed until we come get him out. I know it may be far fetched but we are gonna give it a shot!
love it!!
ReplyDelete