Brothers

Brothers

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Several months ago (September) I realized that a brief conversations about future planning was actually a reality.  A good reality !  So the end of September I made a Dr. appintment to confirm that I indeed would be expecting baby #2!  Justin and I wanted to keep that between us for a while longer, which was just as hard to do as it was with Holden.  Even more so since we wanted to keep it a secret for 12 weeks.
(Starting around week 6ish I began to not feel so well.  The feeling of nausea and sensitivity to smell hightened as the next 10 weeks went by.  Around week 14-16 I felt like the sickness was no longer an all day thing but an afternoon issue.  Around weeks 16-18 the queasy feelings had for the most part drifted away, but every now and then at no certain time I would all of a sudden not feel well.  As the holidays approached all sweet things I was eating was triggering that nausea.  For the most part I have stopped eating a lot of sweets although I really want them after meals, but the consequences for eating them are not pretty.)

A little shy of 12 weeks we began slowly having conversation with Holden about siblings and all the perks.  Sunday Nov. 10th we decided to tell him the exciting news.  We caught it on tape!  The next day was my 12 week appointment where they basically did a checkup and listened to the heart beat.  We decided to take Holden with us since he seemed to understand what was going on.  He did well at appointment and loved hearing the heartbeat.  After we left the Dr. office we met my sister at Pipers tavern for lunch since I was off work.  Holden excitedly showed her his new shirt "Only Child Expiring May 2014".  We continued our rounds and calls to share the news with our family.  Slowly over then next few weeks we would share our expecting news with our close friends, but with anything else word travels. 

I've done a terrible job keeping good notes on this pregnancy. Between a 4 year old involved in tumble and now tball, working full time, and keeping a second home up to date I find little quiet time.  If I do find some time I usually nap, or cook or clean.  So far I have been feeling much better since around week 20.

Week 28-29 I've been staring to feel quesy after sweets again.  Not as bad as before but I try not to eat sugary things on an empty stomach.  Unlike my first go round I am not hungry. That doesn't mean I don't eat :) I am still taking full advantage of that! I find that I can't eat as big of portions and rarely get down right starving.

Just as before I find how in sensitive people are when you are pregnant. I've gotten several gestures, facial expressions, and comments when they see I still have 2 months left to go and I have a full out baby belly,.  Good thing I have thick skin and can control my filter in what I am thinking.  (I.e...pregnancy is my excuse what is yours!)

With our house on the market we have waited to get the nursery ready.  We began to work on it around week 28-29.  It's slowly coming together...but still no name.....as if is tell if I did have one :)

I go to the dr at 29w and hope to schedule a day to deliver (c-section).

I have now hit 38 weeks and we anxiously await May 27th (c section date).  I continue to feel great and are working right up to the last day. Today we went and walked around the Got to Be NC festival, still no baby early !


No comments:

Post a Comment