Holden is now 3 1/2 weeks old and I have been wanting to blog everything that has been going on with us since we were home and clearly that has not happened. Soooo I am going to make an attempt to backlog some things!!
Second to last Dr. Apt.
November 19th, a Thursday, I went to my Dr. appointment for them to weigh me, measure me and examine me AGAIN. Of course we get the same news we've been getting for the last 2 weeks...dilated 1 and 50% effaced. GREAT, I am now 2 days overdue and it looks like he is not coming anytime soon. I leave there disappointed in my progress but happy that they want me back there Monday morning to do a stress test and ultra sound. I have had it in my head that I did not want to be induced but the longer he was staying in my belly I was beginning to change my mind!!
That weekend Justin and I fully decorated for Christmas, except for getting a Tree. We cleaned, went shopping, out to eat, anything and everything to keep our minds occupied. Saturday night Craig, Justin's best friend came over since he was in town from DC along with Craig's brother and then Robbie, another of Justin's friends and his girlfriend Kelly stopped by. We had pizza and sat around and talked!
Sunday morning I woke up very, very sick. I was throwing up (I know gross) every hour. I couldn't keep anything down, trying to sleep was impossible. Finally that afternoon around 5ish, the getting sick had stopped and I was able to keep some Gatorade and Jello down. I posted on FB of how sick I was and everyone was convinced it was the beginnings of labor. I disagreed!!
By bedtime I was very weak but felt much better, Justin and I changed the sheets and he sanitized everything in the house!
November 23rd, Monday morning. Off to the Dr. appointment we go, and of course I wasn't excited because I just knew I was getting more disappointing news. We got there, they weighed me and for once I was happy to see the numbers on that scale. I had lost about 6 lbs. and was now under 40lbs of baby weight!! HA
They took us back and did an ultra sound, we got to see baby but not very well since there isn't much room to see anything in there except for a leg here, a foot there....then they took us to a different room and hooked me up to a machine that tracked my contractions and the baby's heart rate. I had to hit a button every time I felt a movement, nothing major :)
Then it was time for us to see the Dr. and see what she says and for her to examine me again. Surprisingly she tells me that I dialated about 3-4 cm and that we will can go ahead and schedule an induction! YAY so we proceed to checkout and then to meet with a different scheduling lady who is in contact with the hospital to set up inductions. We sit down in her office and let us know our choices are Tuesday (the very next day), Wednesday or the following Monday. Of course we chose Tuesday, which was 1 week overdue! She calls the hospital and as I sit there I begin to cry, AGAIN, I know shocker! It was really finally happening, something we had been preparing for and anxiously awaiting was finally going to happen and something about that became such a reality and made me excitedly nervous!
I don't go to work that day instead I stop by and pick up a Christmas present for Justin, groceries at Target, lunch at Chick fil a, hangout with my parents for a bit and then home to nap. While I was out and about I went to use the restroom and noticed something was a little weird, a small gush but didn't think anything else about it after all tomorrow I was having him.
That night I slept sooo good, knowing Justin had everything ready and all we had to do was wait for Rex Hospital to call us at home between 5am and 8am to tell us when to come in.
I woke up at 6am and needed to go to the bathroom so I did and thought, man they haven't called yet, I am going back to bed to keep on with this good sleeping! As soon as I crawled back into bed something was a bit different so I immediately jumped back up and barely made it to the bathroom in time to realize my water just broke! How cool, this was what I wanted to happen, not the induction!! As I am in the bathroom Rex calls and tells us to come on in and I tell the lady we were going to be headed their anyway now, b/c my water just broke, at least thats what I thought just happened. I proceeded to take a shower, and when I got out I confirmed again that it was true my water did break! I blow dried my hair, we went to pick up mom and drop off Miller, and get gas b/c I forgot to do that the day before...ooops!
Contractions started a little on the way there but very manageable. Justin dropped us off and parked the car.
Crystal my wonderful nurse comes to get me from the waiting room, and takes me to my labor room where I get changed and get all set up. Contractions get stronger and closer together but have it in my head that if I get an epidural now it will slow things down, so I wait. About 9:30 am I need that epidural, contractions are between 2-4 min. apart and are getting unbearable.
From then on it was pretty smooth. At 4:00 I am now 10 cm and its time to push!
We start pushing and do so for 2 hours. Dr. comes in and tells us we need to either do the vacuum or c-section. I am shocked!! At one point during the pushing the nurse saw hair...I thought we were so close! I continue to push as I make decisions. Dr. comes back in and tells me she thinks c-section over the vacuum b/c he had some fluid on this noggin and it would make it worse. OK then....we are off to have an emergenc-y csection. I am SCARED!!! At 8:19p.m. Holden Keith Matthew was here weighing 9 lbs 4 oz and is 22 inches long!! Thats why he wasn't coming out!! Stayed in recovery for 1 hour and then off to my room where my parents and sister anxiously await. 



No comments:
Post a Comment