Brothers

Brothers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

reindeer

Holden loves a deer and a reindeer. At an early age his Papa Charles had him putting out corn for deer and "looking for deer". Still now, a mention or sighting of a deer he immediately puts his finger to his mouth and whispers....shhhh deer.........

Sooo a coupon blog I use had an post of children's slipper on sale at the Children's Place dept. store. I checked it out and wow was it a deal. I order 2 pairs of slippers...$5 for both & no shipping!

I ordered a cute green pair that are dinosaur feet. He likes Dino's so I thought this would be cool to finish up the winter with those. I also ordered a CUTE pair of reindeer slippers for next winter/Christmas. Well they get here, dinosaur ones are too little and reindeer ones are a little big but might as well let him wear them now in case there is another huge size change between now and then. I began talking them up and got really excited for him to try them. At first there was little interest and he really didn't understand why I was encouraging him to wear a different pair of "shoes" in the house. Very quickly he learned to like them especially since mommy wears her slippers all the time :)

Today when he got home he asked to wear them as he did all weekend....makes me smile!



**My mom saved my slippers from when I was little, I will try to add that to this post later**

No comments:

Post a Comment