Brothers

Brothers

Thursday, September 20, 2012

No. More. Paci.

Driving home from the lake Monday, Holden started to wind down. He asked for his paci and blanket like he normally does. I am not sure what came over me but I decided to tell him that I left his paci's at the lake. Cold Turkey took the paci...the rest of the ride was a little loud but we seemed to keep him busy and mind off of it. Once he was home and nap time came around he became upset again. After 45 minutes he was asleep .....with NO paci. Bedtime was a little rough as well. Cried a lot, then wanted me to lay with him.....which I did not want to trade one bad habit for another so made it short and sweet. Although I would love to lay and talk and rub his back and snuggle with him until he falls asleep I also don't want to have to overcome a crying episode every time I don't do those things. So here we are Tuesday, 1 day with no paci behind us....nap time today...he didn't ask nor did he cry for it. I am pretty sure it is because he had preschool today and then him and I played up until time to nap so he was exhausted. Tonight at bedtime will be the test to see he if he is really getting over not having it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment