Brothers

Brothers

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hold-Him

So I have told this story to many people and my blogging expert friend reminded me that I should blog about this so I will remember this......

I am an Elementary teacher, therefore I get to see and hear A LOT of 'things'!!!! When I was pregnant the little ones would walk up to me and point to my belly and ask "Is there a baby in there?"....instead of giving a smart answer I would reassure them there was. The best was when they would pass me in the hall and say "WOA you're BIG!"....like I didn't already know!! So I returned from maternity leave and see some of the students who once commented on me being pregnant do double takes and try and figure out why I look much different. One of our students came up to me not long after I was back at school......

Student: "Miss Matchews, you had your baby?
Me: Yes friend I did.
Student: What did you name your baby?
Me: His name is Holden.
(With quite the confused look on her face..)
Student: Hold - Him ???
(Trying not to laugh and feeling there was probably not much use in trying to explain that she was not saying it correctly)
Me: Yes his name is Holden.
Student: Ohhh....(still looking confused!)

This sweet student speaks to me quite regularly whenever she sees me. I had to help with testing this week and she was in the group I had to help.

Student: Hi Mis Matchews
Me: Hey friend!
Student: Hows Hold'em
Me: He is good, thank you for asking ( what was going thru my head was, well we have gotten a little closer to saying it correctly)

This hopefully will not stay his funny little name forever, but it seems to be the ongoing joke at school and with a few of my friends ......I even heard my mom say it the other day...It sorta becomes addicting-ly funny (if that is even a word!!)

I love Hold Him, Hold'em and Holden....whichever way you can get it out :)

1 comment: