Friday night Holden took a bad spill. We were taking a walk around the neighborhood and he fell.face.first. Nothing else was scraped or hurt but his lip. He of course immediately started crying, but there was soo much blood I couldn't tell what was hurt. Justin ran back to get the truck because we didn't know if we needed to take him to the Dr. By the time he got to us I had gotten the bleeding to slow down and could tell his bottom lip was cut pretty bad. We couldn't get him to let us see if it came all the way through. So we proceeded out of the neighborhood calling our peds, Tiffany (she is a nurse), and urgent care. Urgent care said to take him to the Wake Med unit, peds and Tiff both told us that if it didn't go all the way through the lip the Dr.'s weren't going to do anything. Still unsure what to do we drove to the Wake Med north ER Unit. P.S. Holden and my shirt are covered in blood, he rode in the front seat with me all the way there (yea yea gasp all you want), AND the diaper bag with his paci, blanket and diapers was left at our house :)
Justin parks I go in....lady at the desk made me M.A.D. After checking in and being told they couldn't tell us how long the wait is I decided I didn't want to stay. They prob. would not even do stitches, I don't really want him to have stitches, and he was much more calm and seemed not in that much pain. So we left, went back home, he got lots of cold stuff and seemed to be fine. Saturday morning....ummmm his lip was HUGE, no really it was HUGE. As the day went on the swelling went down and even so Sunday. His chin is a little scratched up and there is a dry scab-ie area where it either was really close to coming through it is healing from that or from scraping the ground. Either way the situation was not fun and made me feel so bad for him! I didn't take a picture of it that night and was not going to blog about it but Justin took a pic of his lip Sat. morning and he wanted me to "document" it....;)
poor Holden! (and poor Laurie too...breaks a momma's heart!)
ReplyDeleteOh my!!!! I am so sorry!!!!
ReplyDelete